The Gods Eternal Magik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on an idea by Rick Riordan comes a brand new story where The Greek Gods meet The Celtic Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunny day at the beach...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taryn Byrne
Daughter of Lugh
Taryn Byrne

Character sheet
Name: Taryn Byrne

Sunny day at the beach... Empty
PostSubject: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Taryn looked out at the water, catching her breath from her sprint down to the beach. It was a beautiful day for swimming--the sun was shining and the day was beginning to heat up. She stripped down to her bathing suit and sprinted across the sand, splashing into the cool water before diving beneath an oncoming wave. It had really been a while since she last went swimming--her most recent foster parents had only let her go once or twice. The water was cool and welcoming and swimming in the ocean waves worked muscles that hadn't been seen exercise in a while.
After splashing around for awhile, Taryn began treading water to give them a break, when she noticed a person waving to her from the shore. So she swam back to greet whomever was on the shore.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Immortal Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet
Name: Vanora Parthenopaeus

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:52 am

Take The Fall And RUN To Heaven
I Will Shove The World Away

Sunny day at the beach... 600full-julia-volkovaSunny day at the beach... Juliavolkovapa3 Sunny day at the beach... Jj
- - - - - - - - - - - -

After having got most of the Celtics settled into their routines and showing them where the tents were for them to set up their bedding Vanora decided to go out a actually explore the island. She had picked the island because it had seemed perfect in every way for both types of demigod. Though she had yet to thoroughly explore it and make sure that there were no knots or failures in the barrier between them and the outside monsters.

Reaching the beach Vanora spotted someone in the water. It was a lovely day out so they should enjoy it while it lasted. Though the water was one thing she had yet to check and she wasn't sure if there was any children of Dylan around who could check the water for her though nothing seemed wrong. As she reached the waters edge she noticed that the demigod swimming was a Celtic, one of the new girls to camp. So she waved hoping she could get to talk with the girl.

After waving her arm for a small amount of time the Celtic in the water noticed her and began swimming towards her. Vanora smiled she had always like talking to the new campers and helping them get settled in. Plus it was always nice to know everyone in camp as well as playing the guess whose child this is game in her head. As the girl drew closer Vanora called out to her, "Hey there enjoying the start of the festivals?"

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Back to top Go down
Taryn Byrne
Daughter of Lugh
Taryn Byrne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 am

As Taryn swam closer to shore, she recognized the person standing there. Vanora. At least that's what she had gathered. Taryn had yet to really talk to the her even though they were about the same age.
Vanora called out, "Hey there enjoying the start of the festivals?"
Taryn walked out of the surf and replied, "Heh, I don't know what to think yet. A week ago I was sitting at home plotting to get away from my foster parents and now here I am on some fantastic adventure with people I just met and don't even know." Taryn glanced up the path back to the camp a worried look taking over her face. "From what I heard, that other group of people we met today... We're going to be fighting them?!? I'm not going to kill anyone. You can't make me kill someone. Defend myself yes, kill no." Taryn frowned, still looking up at the camp. There was so much tension up there. Despite the festive mood that the bright tents and flags and such were supposed to convey, Taryn felt fear and pressures that threatened to suffocate her. It was almost as bad as her foster home... though at least here it wasn't alll directed towards her.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 am

Sunny day at the beach... 600full-julia-volkovaSunny day at the beach... Juliavolkovapa3 Sunny day at the beach... Jj
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Vanora watched as Taryn got closer to shore. She laughed at her reply. "Well yes that does seem to be the life of a demigod. Doing one thing and then bam something different that is only slightly how you planned it." Her thoughts were brought back to her days before knowing she was a demigod. It was a nice adventure to say the least and it was in no way close to being over. She planned on having a nice and long life helping her fellow demigods plus she hadn't reached her goal of meeting her mother.

"From what I heard, that other group of people we met today... We're going to be fighting them?!? I'm not going to kill anyone. You can't make me kill someone. Defend myself yes, kill no." said Taryn. Vanora completely understood what she meant it wasn't something she was looking forward to that was for sure. On a level she was hoping her Father was watching them and seeing how well we get along with the Greeks and hoping he would change his mind and call off the war after all the parents should be the examples not their children.

"We may fight them," Vanora responded with after a long pause, "My little plan on creating this event was to stop that. There won't be any killing if I can help it. It would be pointless since we are all demigods our lives are dangerous enough without war between pantheons." Vanora laughed a little on the inside. If her father king of the Celtic gods was the God of Wisdom shouldn't he not already see that what he was doing was pointless? She shrugged putting her attention back on to Taryn.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Back to top Go down
Taryn Byrne
Daughter of Lugh
Taryn Byrne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Taryn picked up her discarded clothes and frowned. She had forgotten a towl.

"We may fight them," Vanora responded after a long pause, "My little plan on creating this event was to stop that. There won't be any killing if I can help it. It would be pointless since we are all demigods our lives are dangerous enough without war between pantheons."

Taryn looked back up at Vanora and grimaced. "I don't know that it's going to work. I don't know much about Celtic gods but we studied the Greek in school. From what I remember, they're impossibly stubborn and extremely childish and, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics were the same." Taryn sighed. "And what's this about 'danger'? I haven't seen anything dangerous except for my sword weilding campmates..."
Back to top Go down
Weylin O' Connell
Demigod
Weylin O' Connell

Character sheet
Name: Weylin O' Connell

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 am

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge
One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just End

Sunny day at the beach... 600full-travis-fimmel Sunny day at the beach... Travis-Fimmel-14 Sunny day at the beach... Traviscute
- - - - - - - - - - - -
After having had a short snack of a lunch Weylin had gotten straight to the looking about. If there was to be a war, and it happened at this so called peaceful gathering he wanted the upper hand. He wouldn't let anyone get the upper hand on him that was his soul job. Well at least the only job he was good at.

Having seen Vanora vanish off this way he decided to try and follow her. He had never had any real time alone with her. And as he got to the beach he knew once again he wouldn't. There was someone else down there with her and Weylin sighed. Yet he continued his way down the hill to arrive at the beach near the two girls. Briefly catching what they were talking about he rolled his eyes. The one thing he didn't agree with Vanora on. This war. He believed it was there for a reason and they shouldn't try to stop it.

"Your camp mates are the least of your worries." Weylin said making his presence known. "They will stand and protect you. A Greek won't do the same. They will attack if they're parents tell them too, they are no better then an animal with rabies. Other threats which you should look out for when you swim though are monsters. They can come from any side Celtic or Greek. Number one reason your camp mates wield those swords." It was then, Weylin realized he wasn't carrying his sword. Cursing at himself he kicked at the sand. 'How did I over look that!' he thought then with a glance at Vanora, he remembered why. It had been her wish to leave the weapons in camp on in the boats.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Back to top Go down
Taryn Byrne
Daughter of Lugh
Taryn Byrne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:30 pm

"Your camp mates are the least of your worries." Taryn turned to look at the boy who had just approached. "They will stand and protect you. A Greek won't do the same. They will attack if they're parents tell them too, they are no better then an animal with rabies. Other threats which you should look out for when you swim though are monsters. They can come from any side Celtic or Greek. Number one reason your camp mates wield those swords." The boy then frowned and kicked at a pile of sand.

Taryn glared. How could anyone be so heartless? Why should one's parents define who one is? The Greeks seemed no different from Celtics.

In an attempt to calm her thoughts, Taryn tied together her shoe laces and hung them over the back of her neck before doing the same with her clothes. She was going to need to run even if she couldn't swim.
She glared back at the boy again. "Let me tell you something. It doesn't matter which side of this "war" a person is on. If I see someone in trouble, I WILL defend them. I'm not going to stand by and let innocent kids be killed." She started off before a thought occurred to her. Looking at Vanora she said, "I warn you now that I will not raise any weapon except in defense of myself or another--no matter the person's side. If that is acceptable, I'd like to start training if it isn't too much trouble. I know I'm a newcomer to all this, but I'd really like to get started."

With that Taryn started sprinting down the beach. It was either that or start screaming. Running had always been an outlet for her
Back to top Go down
Lugh
Immortal God
Lugh

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 am

It was in the afternoon when Lugh had finished his last request from Dagda. It was a rather big work load and he had been up since the sun arose but now that he had some time he felt that he must attend to some business of his own. What business though he didn't know. With a glance to his shoes he quickly found out. They were practically ripped right through to the heel of his foot. 'New Shoes' he thought with a nod making his way to the center of the castle.

In the great hall he saw his fellow gods. Dagda sat on his throne and Morrigan stood just to his left. Ah the queen looked tired Dagda must have kept her up all night with his rant about the Greeks. Of course he felt sorry for Morrigan but have been kept up for two nights himself he was just glad it wasn't him. Lugh looked around the hall a bit more momentarily forgetting what he was doing until his shoe ripped even more causing his foot to hit the cold marble floor.

He shrugged not that he needed to go make one like he was going to. Closing his eyes he manifested a show to his foot. 'Just like new.' he thought as he started looking for somewhere to sit. Listening to the war plans sounded boring but not much else was going on. Lugh spotted a seat and started walking to it until Belenus stopped him. With a confused look on his face Lugh stopped. Belenus simply nodded to the orb in the center of the room that was glowing a neon green. Lugh smiled and nodded. He walked over to the Orb and looked below. It was an island image that zoomed in to the beach. There he saw three demigods. One he recognized right away which made his smile bigger. The other girl he recognized as well as Dagda's and Morrigan's human child Vanora. The other was a boy who looked a lot like someone he himself didn't like but that kids parentage was not important to him.

"Grow" he told the orb. It did as commanded and grew just big enough for him to be able to walk through it. It looked as though the girl was running for him his idea about the boy was practically confirmed maybe he should tell the boys parent. He decided against it the longer the boy was left unclaimed the better, now it was time to claim his daughter. Lugh reached out his hand pushing it through the orb. He knew his hand would just look like smoke to the demigod but that didn't matter. Touching her shoulder as she ran he engulfed her in a neon green fire. Of course it wouldn't hurt or burn since she was his daughter after all. The flame went down to her feet burning the ground slightly. As the flame on the ground vanished a set of dark brown leather armor with a road and two trees carved into the chest lay there beside a beautiful silver sword with a gold and green hilt. "Taryn Byrne, I, Lugh claim you as my daughter." Lugh said his voice sounding around the beach bouncing off the waves. Lugh grinned taking his hand out of the orb cutting off the connection he went and sat down in the chair he had originally spotted.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:16 am

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Vanora looked dead serious as she prepared to speak however she was interrupted as the underbrush sounded. Turning her head she saw Weylin strut out. Quickly she noticed he was in a black day and took account of his eyes. Oh how she longed to know what color they really were. However as he spoke she couldn't help but roll he eyes but at the same time she admired his passion on the subject. Maybe they didn't agree but she had to give him a hand. Vanora just smiled and nodded listening. As he ended she watched him kick the sand. Of course she knew right away what was bugging him. He was almost never with a sword or some kind of weapon in hand. He looked at her and her smile grew she loved when he looked at her. "Oh lighten up Wolf." she said giving him a playful shove. Wolf had been a nickname she gave him since both his first and last name represented a wolf in some way.

It was when Taryn replied she knew he got under her skin "Let me tell you something. It doesn't matter which side of this "war" a person is on. If I see someone in trouble, I WILL defend them. I'm not going to stand by and let innocent kids be killed." It was then Taryn look at Vanora "I warn you now that I will not raise any weapon except in defense of myself or another--no matter the person's side. If that is acceptable, I'd like to start training if it isn't too much trouble. I know I'm a newcomer to all this, but I'd really like to get started." Vanora nodded. she knew exactly how Taryn felt. Vanora wasn't about to take up arms against anyone and she believed the Greek leader was thinking the same.

However before Vanora could reply Taryn took off running. "Weylin I think you got under her skin in a new record, come on." she said taking his hand she started running after the girl. They didn't get far when they saw the smoke had appear. Vanora grinned, a smoke hand only meant one thing. A claiming. It was all of a matter of seconds as Taryn was engulfed in flame given her sword and armor and Lugh's voice and proclamation was heard. "Congratulations Taryn!" Vanora shouted as she ran to catch up to her.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Back to top Go down
Taryn Byrne
Daughter of Lugh
Taryn Byrne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 am

Taryn was furious. So furious that she didn't see the smoke forming up ahead of her. All of a sudden, she was engulfed by a neon green fire. Taryn opened her mouth to scream before realizing that it didn't hurt. It was, in contrast, quite a loving and comforting fire. "Loving and comforting fire?" Taryn thought to herself right before hearing the voice. The voice of her father.
"Taryn Byrne, I, Lugh claim you as my daughter."
"Huh," she thought, "such a cheerful sounding voice."
Then, just as quickly as it had come, the fire vanished and Taryn dropped to her knees in the sand. Lying before her was a beautiful silver sword with a green and gold hilt. Beside it was a set of dark brown, leather? armour with a symbol of two trees and a road emblazoned upon it. It seemed to be about her size.
Dimly, she heard Vanora's voice calling from behind her but she wasn't paying attention.
Taryn picked up the blade and drew it from its sheath. It seemed... lithe... light but strong. The armour was the same. It looked like it would provide protection without slowing her down.
Taryn stood up, resheathed the sword, and checked to see that she hadn't lost her shoes and clothes. She picked up the armour, and was surprised at how light it felt. Daugther of Lugh, huh....? Well... a lot of things made sense now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunny day at the beach...   Sunny day at the beach... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunny day at the beach...
Page 1 of 1