The Gods Eternal Magik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on an idea by Rick Riordan comes a brand new story where The Greek Gods meet The Celtic Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out and about for supper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanora Pendragon
Immortal Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet
Name: Vanora Parthenopaeus

Out and about for supper Empty
PostSubject: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 pm

The moon rose above the mountain peeks letting the quarter sphere light fill the Celtic Cavern in a silvery glow. Vanora was heading toward the delicious smell of freshly cooked venison. It was a great thing to have welcoming you back into the caves after a long portal around the boarders. Riza and Velkan, her scouting wolves, ran out a head of her but stopped to look back at her. Waving her hand she nodded her approval, "Go on, feast!" she said to them. They howled a good bye and then charged for the food back at the animal shelter. Gwen landed on her shoulder and rested there.

Vanora smiled arriving at the tables she nodded a greeting here and there to the people already arrived and sitting at the tables. The first thing that she was planning on doing was heading over to the newbie table. Well not all newbies went there but most did because they didn't know anyone and so they went to the table with few to none. It was nice to see that, it made her 'job' a lot easier. Self appointed job but a job none the less. Someone had to answer questions and who better then herself?

There weren't that many kids sitting down most were gathering food from the buffet tables. Vanora stood at the head of the newbie table watching others make their way to their parents tables and talk with their brothers and sisters. Her blue eyes darted around and then rested to the corner looking at Gwen. "Go grab us some Venison on a stick, Gwen." With a caw she took off and went over to the food table.
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet
Name: Sloan Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Sloan balanced his tray on his knee while grabbing some food with his good hand. Getting food without his other arm was an unexpected challenge, but he was handling it, well enough. He probably looked like a fool, but Sloan had long since stopped caring about such trivial things as how he looked. He looked at the meet, sorrowful because he had recently become vegetarian. It was a joke, but Hayley had reacted so strongly, so he decided to try it. He would miss ribs, and bratwurst, but he was too curious to stop.

Switching his tray to his good hand, he looked toward the unclaimed table, also the newbie table. Someone who had an air of importance around her. About the same age as himself, she had short black hair and blue eyes. "odd combination." He muttered to himself as he walked to the table. Setting his tray on the table, it landed with a sort of clang. "Um, Hey." Sloan said, glancing down at his tray of green. "I'm Sloan." He would've said more, except for the fact that his mind was completely somewhere else.

((sorry it short, need to go to class.))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Vanora turned to look with her side vision to the serving tables. At once she noticed someone new, or at least someone she didn't recognize. He was tall that was for sure, around the same age...and didn't have his left arm. Her eye twitched at the sight as she looked about thinking about going and helping him. Though he didn't seem to need help from the aura that he was giving off. Her thought was confirmed when he headed over to the table she was standing at not even a glimmer of unawareness in his eye. It was almost spooky. The boy set his tray down with a sudden clatter sounding around the table. Her eyebrow raised a smile crept along her lips.

"Um, Hey." said the boy who soon after introduced himself as Sloan. She made a mental note of how to recognize him around camp excluding the fact that his arm was missing. She was trying to avoid it instead she made a note of the scar above and around his left eye. Of course she couldn't help but wonder if the scar and the arm were connected. Mentally slapping herself she turned her attention on greeting. "Hello Sloan, your new to camp I take it. I am Vanora Parthenopaeus. Ironic a Celtic child with a Greek last name huh?" She smiled inwardly laughing at the realization that had just come to her about her name. "Is there anything you would like to know? I'm like your trusty map...that you can't carry around."
Back to top Go down
Hayley Ash
Daughter of Rhiannon
Hayley Ash

Character sheet
Name: Hayley Ash

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Hayley was standing in line just behind Sloan, watching him trying to grab all the greens that he could with one arm. She felt bad for him, but couldn't help but giggle. She knew it was bad to laugh, but the scene was just so ridiculous, that she couldn't help it. She also noticed how he looked longingly toward the meats, but how he picked up the greens instead. "Must be new to the whole vegetarian thing," she thought to herself.
Hayley picked up a small salad, and added a vegetarian sausage (a pickle), to her plate before finding a place to sit. She looked around, only knowing two people at two different tables. Isaac at one and Sloan at the other. Hayley started to step toward Isaac's table, but then, for some reason her feet moved her towards Sloan's table. The was another girl there, with blue eyes and black hair. Hayley was slightly envious of her beauty. Hayley sat down on Sloan's other side.
"Hey Sloan." Hayley flashed a big smile, then dug into her salad.
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:53 pm

"Hello Sloan, your new to camp I take it. I am Vanora Parthenopaeus. Ironic a Celtic child with a Greek last name huh?" She smiled."Is there anything you would like to know? I'm like your trusty map...that you can't carry around." Sloan smiled back at her, it reminded him of that show his foster sister watched. Doris something or other. He was quick to notice her looking above his eye, most presumably at the scar that he had acquired. Maybe one day I'll tell her. He thought, before shaking his head slightly. He couldn't allow himself to get caught up in such trivial notions as friends. No, Sloan needed to be in solitude, he was better off alone. James had yelled that to him not long ago either. He sighed a bit, before speaking. Living the life of a loner might be better for the others, but for himself, it ate away.

"Um, a-actually," Sloan stuttered, the thought about the war Isaac had mentioned creeping back up to the front like a bad cold that wouldn't just die, "Someone told me that a way was going on. I was just wondering..." Sloan trialed off, images of the gleam of the gun and the scream of her pain ringing in his ears. Sloan grimaced, trying to push the thoughts away. Now? Of all times they come at me now? But he managed to get his thoughts on track when a familiar voice cut through the tension that he created.

"Hey Sloan." Hayley's voice called out. sloan turned around to see her sliding in a chair next to him. He looked over at Vanora, then back to Hayley. I guess that an introduction is in order. He decided before he spoke up. "Hayley, this is Vanora. Vanora, Hayley." Sloan exclaimed, before taking a bite of his salad. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Hayley Ash
Daughter of Rhiannon
Hayley Ash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:39 pm

"Hayley, this is Vanora. Vanora, Hayley." Sloan said while taking a bite of his salad. Hayley looked down the row to the girl. So that's her name, Hayley thought to self, going back to her previous thought of the girl.
"H-hi Vanora." Hayley mumbled and took a bite of her vegetarian sausage (pickle). "A-as Sloan said, my name is Hayley...".
Hayley felt the need to get to know Vanora. She didn't know why, but she just did. The need was worse than her wanting to make Sloan happy for almost all of the time.
Hayley looked at her salad, and for some reason wasn't hungry, despite the fact that her stomach was growling so loud that it probably could have scared the birds out of trees, only moments ago.
Hayley looked at Sloan, and again felt tired. She just wanted to go sleep now, but the only problem was, she didn't know where she was supposed to go to.
"So...uhh...Vanora," Hayley mumbled, moving her plate up a little from herself, "Where do we go to sleep at?"
Hayley moved a tad bit closer to Sloan, for just in case Vanora talked at the same quiet level as herself.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Vanora glanced to see another demigod walk towards the table that herself Sloan and a few other demigods were at. Again she was someone who she did not recognize but there was that sense around this girl that made her raise an eyebrow. Was she already claimed? Vanora put her hand to her head and shook it. Man she was losing her touch. Well then again her parents had her jumping about, well all the parents did now didn't they? The girl sat down on the other side of Sloan and even before she spoke Vanora knew that the girl knew Sloan from somewhere. Though Sloan asked he a question about the war which turned her attention back to him. Sloan never did really ask her a full question more of a statement. She looked down in thought and began running through what to say. "Currently...yes the gods are at war. They are at war with the Greek Gods some of it's over stupid things like who made a better horse. Some of it is over much greater things like the sun. Then some of it is a pride detail." Vanora paused with a roll of her eyes being a daughter of war and wisdom she often clashed when it came to the sense of battle and fighting. "Anything specific you wanted to know about the war?" she asked.

Then turning to the girl Vanora gazed at her fiery red hair silently amazed by the colors of it. She said hello to the other demigod she had just met and then he turned and introduced them to each other, "Hayley, this is Vanora. Vanora, Hayley." he exclaimed before taking a bite of salad. Vanora smiled at Hayley, "Hello Hayley! Welcome to camp." Sure it was a little over used but what else could you really say when just meeting someone in a place that is new and strange to them? 'Welcome i'm glad you ran for your life to come here and prepare for more fighting?' yeah....no bad idea.

Hayley looked and her and then moved a little closer to both her and Sloan. "So...uhh...Vanora," she mumbled "Where do we go to sleep at?" she asked. Vanora smiled now she could see if her hunch was correct. "Well that depends. We all sleep in the same general area but for the certain place you will be staying depends on where your parent has set up home cave." Vanora couldn't really tell anything from Hayley's face that said she had been claimed or not so she continued on. "We have 13 different caves each one is inhabited by not only the children of that god but also gods linked with that god. Like me for example, I am the daughter of both Morrigan and Dagda. I stay in the second cave over there" She pointed over to the caves that were lit by different colored torches on the outside, "The blood red torches on either side of the cave entrance is the Cave of Morrigan. The First one is the Cave of Dagda and so on and so forth...the opposite direction. There aren't that many demigods now claimed by the minor gods but one, his name is Alasdair, stays in the Cave of Morrigan too because his father is Teutates." Vanora paused feeling that she was talking to much but she continued anyway. "The children unclaimed stay in the Cave of Lugh the 10th cave over lit up by that lime green light. And the children of..." She paused looking at Hayley hoping she would fill in the blank with her parent confirming that she was claimed.
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:49 pm

(I wrote the whole thing out and it didn't post GAH so angry)
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Sloan sighed. The only thing he was getting out of this conversation between Vanora And Hayley was his sleeping arrangements. not that they weren't important, but his mind was grasping for something more...substantial to sink his teeth into. Like meat. Sloan missed his meat already, but he had told Hayley that he was a vege...veget...veg-something and he needed to stick to his word. Sloan made sure that he wouldn't fall through on any other promises he made. He didn't want a repeat of last time. Last time, someone died. Three people. Michelle, the burglar, and the innocent Sloan all perished in the same night.

Taking a solemn bite of his salad, a memory flew forward, almost making him gag. THe weight of the gun, the gleam. Oh gods, why now? Of all times, why now? Sloan asked himself as the memory flash flood began. A girl's scream, a burglar's haunting last words. THe beast in the woods, Blood. Pictures and sounds flashing by so fast that Sloan couldn't even process them all. Then his stomach clenched, he felt light-headed. Sloan knew what was going to happen, and he didn't like it one bit.

"Guys?" He slurred, looking up at them with round eyes, "I'm..." He struggled to find the words before he fell. "I'm passing ou-" Sloan didn't have the strength to finish as he passed out, falling out of his chair and his mind into a dark void.
Back to top Go down
Branwen
Immortal God
Branwen

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 am

Gwydion - Welsh Warrior and Magician God.

Out walking the fields of grass on the Island of Avalon Gwydion roamed looking at the different places around the world. Beams of rainbowed lights swirled in a mystical wave of random streaks and patterns. It was a long drawn out day but most of his was spent like this watching the magic bend around all the objects on the island. He crept by the small in land puddle of water but in the end he stopped by it and crouched down pulling out his wand waving it over the water. "Show me the camp." he said dipping the tip into the water. It was night at the camp and all he could see was the big fire in the center of the cave. The Dinning Tables were glowing in the orange flame light. He scanned the tables, there were so many demigods there now. Gwydion closed his eyes remembering when the camp had first been created. It was amazing how much it had grown in numbers. It would definitely help them out in the war if they needed to rely on their kids. In all honestly he thought that all the battles should be fought by them.

Opening his eyes again he began looking for the 'newbie table' he wanted to do a quick scan over and see who was there. It wasn't hard to find, that child of Dagda and Morrigan was standing at the head of it. Gwydion rolled his eyes and felt like leaving the seen. Until he saw something he did not expect. His son was sitting at the table. When had he arrived? He sat there staring at the demigods seeing what his son was up to or at least until Sloan went tense and was about to pass out. Gwydion eyes widened in confusion the without a break in his thought his shoved his hand into the water which brought him to the camp. The air grew tense as the demigods gazed at him. He winced at the stares he received. 'Crap.' he thought having broke Dagda's "law". His feet carried him over to the table sending demigods glares telling them mentally to stop looking, literally mentally telling them to stop. He grabbed Sloans' left shoulder and kept him in one place as he passed out.

Gwydion looked puzzled at the missing part of his son's left arm. What had happened? Showed how much he payed attention to his children. Then again he didn't have that orb the others did. Pulling out his wand he waved it over Sloans' left side blessing him with a new arm. A dark rainbow flame hand print appeared on his shoulder and soon spread and engulfed his son. Gwydion smiled and pulled a staff of equal hight to Sloan and placed it next to him as a set of black leather armor appeared next to him on the bench. Looking around Gwydion raised his voice, "Let it be known that Sloan Hawthorne is my son the son of a magician." He turned back to the demigods sitting at the newbie table. 'Wake my son let that memory not haunt you tonight.' he told Sloan mentally before vanishing back to Avalon.
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:33 pm

(Since I post right before this, I guess someone needs to post before me.)
Back to top Go down
Hayley Ash
Daughter of Rhiannon
Hayley Ash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 pm

"Guys? I'm...I'm passing ou-" Hayley looked up just in time to see Sloan fall, but then, he was caught by a strange man. Hayley could tell something was different about him, but she just at the moment, didn't know. Then, the man gave Sloan a new arm, some armor, and a staff, and set him back on the bench. Hayley looked at Sloan, and was overcome by a need. A need for Sloan so to speak. She wanted to hug him, and maybe even kiss him. Ask him if he was okay, but she knew that that would be...awkward, for, they were after all friends, at least she thought they were friends. So she settled for asking him how he was.
"Sloan? Sloan?" Hayley gently nudged Sloan to see if she was even awake. "A-are you...okay?" Her eyes widened as she starred worriedly at him.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Vanora's question went unanswered so she was never truly sure if Hayley was claimed or not. The next part of, well, dinner was Sloan passing out and a man appearing in the middle of camp. The aura radiating off the man and the sudden appearance told her he was nothing less then a god and the fact that he appeared in person instead of through the mist of a glob on their end told her that he didn't spend much time in the castle which pointed out that he wasn't one of the thirteen. Slightly unsure she grabbed her sword attached at her waist prepared to fight a god if he tried anything.

The god walked over to their table, 'a claiming in person?' Vanora thought having had a smiler experience. He grabbed Sloan by the shoulder of where his missing arm was and held him in place keeping him from falling over. She received a glare from the man and in her head she heard a deep voice tell her to stop staring. Her eye twitched and she cringed hearing his voice. Though she didn't obey she just averted her eyes from seeing him. She wasn't one to not give into curiosity though so her head tilted away she looked out the corners of her eyes. A dark rainbow colored flame appeared consuming Sloan as the god pulled out a wand giving, what Vanora could now only conclude as, his son a new left arm. 'A magician god, Gwydion' she thought before it was confirmed, "Let it be known that Sloan Hawthorne is my son the son of a magician." he said giving him a staff and walking away, vanishing before their eyes.

Vanora cleared her throat continuing what she had been saying, "And the children of Gywdion stay in the cave of Branwen. Because we've established fire with magic. On to other matters, Sloan are you alright?" Vanora asked echoing Hayley. she shifted a little wondering what she should do in this situation. The cave was still silent so she looked out at the others, "Back to your own business" she barked at the others. Gwen landed on her shoulder and offered her the meat that she grabbed. Vanora smiled petting the black bird she grabbed one and took a bite.
Back to top Go down
Sloan Hawthorne
Son of Gwydion
Sloan Hawthorne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Sloan awoke with a tingling sensation in his arm. Which was odd, considering the arm he felt it in wasn't there. He blinked a couple times, and someone nudged him in his shoulder. THe last thing Sloan remembered was feeling like he was passing out, something bad in his memories, and the blackness. Sloan coughed, partially hearing something that Hayley was saying. He looked around at the astonished faces of nameless campers and the shocked ones of his companions. What are you all staring at? Sloan wondered silently, and then he looked down at his arm. He almost cussed in French, from living on the Island. THere where the bareness of his stump was, a brand-new pale arm. Sloan's eyes went wide. He wasn't used to something being there for a while, and now here was a new arm.

"And the children of Gywdion stay in the cave of Branwen. Because we've established fire with magic. On to other matters, Sloan are you alright?" Vanora Finished, as if the events that took place when he fainted hadn't been important at all. "A-am I all right? Wait....Gywdion? Fire and Magic? Someone explain!" He practically shouted, before looking down at his hands. He flexed his new arm, the feeling as foreign as sleeping in a bed or christmas. Or having parents, though, if Sloan was right, all this was from his parents, or, parent. Holding up his arm, he looked at it quizzically, maneuvering it, working the knuckles and stretching the fingers. It looked like his old one, well before it was mangled and torn off.

After seizing his staff, he held it on his lap, with both hands, trying to hide the confusion and glee hidden in his face. Sloan had a dad, the God of Magic. Your a Wizard, Sloan. He imagined a fake Hagrid would say, and Sloan smiled that crooked smile of his. He looked at Vanora, then to Hayley, who had been almost obsessively worried when he passed out. He was still grinning, but then remembered what he had been thinking about before passing out. The memories seemed more distant, but Sloan realized that with his claiming, he could start training. But for what? Sloan was a pacifist now, he didn't want to rob someone of their most important asset, Life, ever again. Sloan was filled with mixed emotions, because he loved the aspects of being able to be a real magician, a son of the Magic god, but that means that he would be training to use his talents on others. He felt so conflicted. So Sloan decided to resolve that at a different time. And then he listened in for the answers that he felt he already knew, but wanted to hear anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hayley Ash
Daughter of Rhiannon
Hayley Ash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:25 am

"And the children of Gywdion stay in the cave of Branwen. Because we've established fire with magic. On to other matters, Sloan are you alright?" Vanora said, and Hayley looked over at her. Oh yeah, that's right, Hayley thought to herself, I'm supposed to tell her my parent...
Hayley's thoughts were immediately interrupted by Sloan's outburst. "A-am I all right? Wait....Gywdion? Fire and Magic? Someone explain!" Hayley jumped out of her seat, almost onto the floor, but she caught herself before completely falling off.
"S-sloan? A-are you...okay? Like...really okay?" Hayley said nonchalantly starring at Sloan's new arm.
Oh...Uhh...Vanora...by the way...my mom is Rhiannon. I-I just thought you might....like to know that."
Hayley looked at her food, something of which she hadn't touched since she got it. She felt like getting up and leaving camp. She felt like she didn't really belong among these strangers. She knew the names of three people. That was it, three people. One of which she was certain wasn't very fond of her. Hayley picked up a fork and started playing with her lettuce. She didn't want to sit at this table anymore. Why did she even bother making friends? Especially when she knew it would eventuall lead to nothing but trouble in the end.
"I'm sorry," she mumbled quietly, half to herself and half to the others, grabbing her plate and starting to move towards an empty section of table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out and about for supper   Out and about for supper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out and about for supper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gods Eternal Magik :: The Celtics Mountain :: The Dining Tables-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com